Funeral prices are rising in the UK, with the average cost of a funeral costing £4,300. As such, direct cremations are becoming increasingly popular as they provide a far more affordable alternative. But direct cremation costs can vary widely. At DirectCremation.co.uk, the price of a direct cremation is just £895, with no upfront payments or hidden fees, making us the cheapest and most affordable direct cremation service in England and Wales.
Direct cremation is also known as a direct funeral or unattended cremation. This is because the cremation is separated from the funeral or memorial service. As such, there is no need to hire out a venue or chapel, which makes it much more affordable than traditional funeral services.
DirectCremation.co.uk’s Direct Cremation Costs
A direct cremation with us costs £895, the lowest price in England and Wales. Included in this price is nationwide transportation of your loved one from any hospital or mortuary in England or Wales to one of our regional crematorium. They will then be provided with an environmentally-friendly wooden coffin, made by British craftsmen, and looked after until the cremation itself. There will then be a private and respectful cremation, and we will ensure that you are aware of the date and time beforehand, should you wish to mark the occasion. Following the cremation, the ashes can then be scattered in our Garden of Remembrance. Unlike many funeral directors, there are no upfront payments or deposits required.
Additional extras are available with DirectCremation.co.uk at an extra price. These are listed below:
- Hand delivery of the ashes in a sustainably-sourced British-made wooden urn, complete with an engraved nameplate, for £91.
- Doctor’s certification, which our team will liaise with the doctors for you, for £82. This fee is set by the British Medical Association and we make payment directly to the doctor.
- Collection of your loved one from a hospice, nursing home, or private residence for £250, as it requires the services of a local funeral director. Collection from any hospital or coroner is included in our standard fee of £895.
- Removal or a pacemaker or other battery-powered implanted device, for £100.
- If the deceased is taller than 6 feet, or weighs more than 200lbs, a custom coffin will need to be ordered and specialised equipment used, this incurs a fee of £250.
The UK Funeral Expenses Payment
We accept the UK Funeral Expenses Payment. In order to qualify for the payment, you must be a close relative, partner or friend of the deceased and be a current recipient of certain benefits or tax credits.
The UK Funeral Expenses Payment is usually £1000 plus the cremation fee, covering only a fraction of a traditional funeral. But it covers the entire cost of a direct cremation with us, with no excess left to pay.